This new section is dedicated to updating the readers and supporters about all the interesting things that have happened to us lately. This time, you can read about some encouraging messages from the world of business, various forms of support that we are thankful for, as well as the working visit to Manchester, and the lessons learned that will soon grow into new programs for Liceulice vendors.
* Corporate social responsibility is very important for the world we live in, which often places enormous barriers between people, either on an economic, class, religious or other basis. Here’s one great example: at the initiative of their employee, Ognjen Kurtić, the company Zuhlke Engineering bought 35 shirts from our activist collection Štenderaj, and instead of the classic team-building, brought twenty-five employees on the street, to sell Liceulice together with our vendors.
* After a long time, we received an invitation from a state institution to co-operate on a project or event. Namely, Gradski zavod za javno zdravlje (The City Institute for Public Health) invited us to sell the magazine at their “Day of Healthy Cities” event, held at Ada Ciganlija in Belgrade.
* The Radio Show Liceulice FM has lately covered a dozen of current, socially engaged topics. in the latest show, we addressed the problems concerning “dual education”, through a conversation with Mario Reljanovic, a professor at the University Union, as well as changes in criminal law concerning sexual harassment, together with BeFem activist. Previously, we hosted Vuk Vučković, a philosopher and our associate working with the vendors, and the vendor Svetlana Petrović. In the 9. show, we talked about activism in art with the actor Branislav Trifunović, while the 8. show concerned media freedom and engaged journalism, through a conversation with Stefan Veselinovic, journalist of VICE. You can listen to this and all other Liceulice FM shows on our our mixcloud profile (in Serbian only).
* Our distributor and marketing coordinator Marko Tomašević visited Manchester, for a short practice in one of the world’s most famous street magazines, Big Issue North, where he got familiar with many innovative distribution approaches. As a result of this cooperation, we are now in the process of implementing several new programs that will not only be related to sales advancement, but also to solving private problems of the vendors.
* We have launched a new newsletter, dealing with the rights of persons with mental disabilities, with the aim to raise awareness and initiate a wider social debate. It is done in partnership with the Initiative for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (MDRI-S). To receive the newsletter, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We regularly send the other four newsletters: “AktivArt”, on activist art in the post-Yugoslav countries, the Serbian version of the newsletter “In Action”, as well as the social entrepreneurship newsletter in cooperation with the SENS network (for all three you can apply by writing an email to email@example.com), as well as a newsletter informing about the refugee crises in Serbia, in cooperation with the Belgrade Human Rights Center (to receive this newsletter, write to firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Our vendors participated in organized sales in Metro Cash and Carryand Adecco Srbija, hotel Hyatt, NGOs Praxis and Ipsos. Vendors were also traditionally present at the Supernatural festival, the Beldocs Festival, and the outdoor picnic organized by the cafe Zaokret. You can also be our corporate partner, and invite our vendors to the company you own or work for! Contact us by mail email@example.com, or phone: +381 (0)11 2686-567.
* Subscription, as a direct form of support, is extremely important to us, whether it is individual or corporate. At this moment, we have 315 subscribers, and one of the newest corporate partners is the company SKS365, which subscribed to 50 copies of each issue, and thus provided a secure source of income for Liceulice vendors.